[Gambas-user] Issue 98 in gambas: IDE "System informations.." reports the wrong desktop

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Mon Sep 5 09:57:13 CEST 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 98 by adamn... at ...626...: IDE "System informations.." reports the
wrong desktop
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=98

1) Describe the problem.
Under LXDE, the "?/Systems informations..." menu in the IDE reports KDE3 as
the Desktop.  (See 2)

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
KernelRelease=2.6.38.8-pclos1.bfs
Architecture=i686
Memory=1553368 kB
DistributionVendor=Paddys-Hill
DistributionRelease="Paddys-Hill dot Net (r0.1)"
Desktop=KDE3

[Gambas 3]
Version=2.99.3
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.7.3
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.4

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
N/A

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
N/A

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
The problem is in the report-ng.sh script in app/source/gambas3 at line 97
it says:
elif [ x"$DESKTOP_SESSION" != x"kde" ]; then
   DESKTOP=KDE3;
so any desktop that uses the DESKTOP_SESSION environment variable that has
not been resolved by that time will be called KDE3.  In the LXDE case,
[ xLXDE != xkde ] is true, so ...

I have attached a rewrite of the script that uses the logic from the
GetDesktop() method in Desktop.class in the gb.Desktop component. However,
I cannot verify it on anything but LXDE.

I hope I've explained it clearly enough.

regards
Bruce

Attachments:
	new_report-ng.sh  3.8 KB