[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3 RC3. But I have a dream....

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Mon Sep 5 00:41:04 CEST 2011

> And where will these file descriptors come from?

...from ALSA.

If I have a Gambas3-program, able to *receive* data Midi from ALSA (external Midi-Keyboard-->ALSA-sistem--->My-Gambas-Program), I could use "snd_seq_poll_descriptors_count()" and "snd_seq_poll_descriptors()" ALSA functions to get one or more file descriptors and event masks for the sequencer device; these file descriptors can be used to wait for events.

When I receive an event, I 'ld check if the device is actually ready for
reading or writing by calling snd_seq_poll_descriptors_revents().

These ALSA functions are designed to be used with poll() !

I'ld need some mechanism to watch a file that is identified by its
already opened file descriptor.

Bye
Paolo