[Gambas-user] Ubuntu 11.10 64 - Build 4200

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Sun Oct 16 12:07:10 CEST 2011

hopefully i've not these problems on arch :-)

Nevertheless the nepomuk is disabled on my machine... i don't
understand why the kde team have done a so dirty thing :/
It eat all my swap too.

xfce offert to me all my machine power ... but miss some good things...

2011/10/16 Ron <ron at ...1740...>:
> NX isn't working anymore with 11.10's new GUI, even in gnome fallback it
> doesn't work.
> Either you don't get a menu, or the complete screens are grabled
>
> Also it becomes slower each new version too.
>
> Time to look for a new distro... was a Ubuntu user for years, but it seems
> it has come to an end.
>
> Regards,
> Ron_2nd.
>
> 2011/10/16 John Spikowski <support at ...2529...>

>> > I have finally finished my upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10 too.
>>
>> > So, now,the main philosophical question about all main Linux desktops is:
>> >
>> > W...
>> >
>> > T..
>> >
>> > F...
>> >
>> > !!!!!!
>> >
>> > Should we invent some conspiration theory?
>> >
>> > Did Microsoft paid some KDE and Gnome developers to create such a
>> > bloated useless piece of garbage?
>>
>> I feel your pain. Why they didn't create a mobile version of Ubuntu is
>> beyond me. Why force silly interfaces on people that have been happy for
>> years with the stability and flow that makes Linux what it is and why I
>> switched from Windows.

Fabien Bodard