[Gambas-user] Ubuntu 11.10 64 - Build 4200

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Sun Oct 16 03:23:44 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 00:15 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 14/10/2011 22:55, John Spikowski a écrit :
> > I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit and just compiled build 4200 without
> > issue. (limited testing - no compile errors)
> >
> > This release updated the Linux kernel to 3.0.0-12 and Gtk to 3. I not
> > using the Unity shell and reverted back to classic as much as possible.
> >
> > Make sure you reserve about 5 hours to update a 11.04 system. :-(
> >

> I have finally finished my upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10 too.

> So, now,the main philosophical question about all main Linux desktops is:
>
> W...
>
> T..
>
> F...
>
> !!!!!!
>
> Should we invent some conspiration theory?
>
> Did Microsoft paid some KDE and Gnome developers to create such a
> bloated useless piece of garbage?

I feel your pain. Why they didn't create a mobile version of Ubuntu is
beyond me. Why force silly interfaces on people that have been happy for
years with the stability and flow that makes Linux what it is and why I
switched from Windows.