[Gambas-user] Ubuntu 11.10 64 - Build 4200

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Fri Oct 14 23:12:31 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 00:00 +0300, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> > I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit and just compiled build 4200 without
> > issue. (limited testing - no compile errors)
> >

> Good to know, thanks!

Had my fingers crossed the whole way. ;-)

> This release updated the Linux kernel to 3.0.0-12 and Gtk to 3. I not
> > using the Unity shell and reverted back to classic as much as possible.
> >

> How well did that work? Much troubles? Good result?

2150+ files updated seemed a bit much.

> Make sure you reserve about 5 hours to update a 11.04 system. :-(
> >

> Why!? What takes that long? Slow internet connection?

Not really. I think it had to do with updating so soon after it was
released and the download server was working extra hard. Once
downloaded, it was just over 3 hours of install time till the final
reboot.