[Gambas-user] gb3: tooltip color sources in Qt/KDE

Fri Oct 7 08:43:50 CEST 2011

On 10/07/2011 02:23 AM, Girard Henri wrote:
> Le 07/10/2011 08:14, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
>>>>
>>> I wonder if it's not in qtconfig-qt4 (qt3) because there is a tune palette ?
>> I installed both, but they don't seem to have any options for
>> configuring a palette. They also recommended that I "...use the KDE
>> Control Center to set the palette." I reviewed the colors schemes using
>> the proper GUI app for KDE and none of the colors seem to match the
>> tooltip colors. They are affected by color scheme changes, I just can't
>> pinpoint where the gb3 tooltip colors take their values from. I had to
>> switch to some crap color scheme to see tooltips to quickly display
>> variable values when debugging. No emergency, but it is annoying.
>>
> Did you look in systemsettings ?
> I use bespin high tech and there a button to configure many things
> (sorry i haven't look exactly on it I haven't kde installed) after
> having selected your theme, just on the button configure (on the right).

I looked here (attached). The actual tootip background displayed in gb3
is a light yellow. The text is light blue. It changes when I change the
KDE color scheme, but doesn't seem to correspond with the palette values
in the scheme editor. Neither of those colors appear to be in the gb3
theme or the KDE theme, which is where the mystery lies. Since the gb3
IDE is programmed in gb3, knowing where it pulls the tooltip colors from
may help to resolve the issue.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues