[Gambas-user] gb3: tooltip color sources in Qt/KDE

Fri Oct 7 08:14:26 CEST 2011

On 10/07/2011 01:26 AM, Girard Henri wrote:
> Le 07/10/2011 07:06, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
>> What foreground and background colors in Qt/KDE does gb3 pull its
>> tooltip color settings from? Tooltip colors aren't programmable from
>> gb3's settings, and I tested them with different KDE color schemes and
>> they are affected. I can't figure out which colors their settings are
>> taken from (they don't appear to match any of the colors in KDE's color
>> schemes).
>>
> I wonder if it's not in qtconfig-qt4 (qt3) because there is a tune palette ?

I installed both, but they don't seem to have any options for
configuring a palette. They also recommended that I "...use the KDE
Control Center to set the palette." I reviewed the colors schemes using
the proper GUI app for KDE and none of the colors seem to match the
tooltip colors. They are affected by color scheme changes, I just can't
pinpoint where the gb3 tooltip colors take their values from. I had to
switch to some crap color scheme to see tooltips to quickly display
variable values when debugging. No emergency, but it is annoying.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues