[Gambas-user] Editor with tooltips (Gambas 2)

Mon Nov 28 16:34:20 CET 2011

Am 28.11.2011 14:27, schrieb Charlie Reinl:
> Am Montag, den 28.11.2011, 12:24 +0100 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:
>> As I am using the editor at several places in my projects now, I would
>> be happy if it was possible to give tooltips to the user.
>>
>> Don't know if you call them different, I mean the yellow helpline which
>> gives an idea of the parameters you can state, e. g.
>>
>> Add(Value AS String [,Index AS Integer])
>>
>> as soon as you type the ( after .Add
>>
>> Is that functionality already there? Or does someone have an idea how to
>> implement it?
>>
>> Thanks for your hints!
>>
>> Rolf
>>
> Salut Rolf,
>
> you should look at CheckCompletion in FEditor, in the gambas2 project
> (the gambas2 IDE) .
>
>   Think that's what you'r looking for

Thank you very much, but I think this is the drop-down list of
suggestions that appears when you type "." for instance.

What I was looking for is the small yellow "window" under my current
code line that has what can be typed into a () for some function (system
or own ones). It appears when you type "(" and looks like a tooltip of
some kind. Or is it in there? Then I didn't find it.