[Gambas-user] Issue 151 in gambas: Gambas3 Quick Variable View in debugging has strange colour

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat Nov 26 15:47:52 CET 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 151 by ron.mcin... at ...626...: Gambas3 Quick Variable View in
debugging has strange colour
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=151

1) Describe the problem.
When debugging and you doubleclick a variable there is a popup tooltip like
text box with its value which stays up for ~5 seconds (as opposed to the
balloon text pf Gambas2). Whilst I prefer this approach - under Nvidia and
ubuntu 11.04 (and onwards) it appears as a yellowish box (see attachment).

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: Gambas3 2.99.6
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: GB
Desktop used: Gnome

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Any project will do (honest)

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
None

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
- Run any project with a breakpoint
- Under debugger doubleclick any simple variable (text, integer...)
- Tooltip is blocked out (as per attachment)

There are known issues around the latest Ubuntu and Nvidia and this may
well be one of them however there is a relatively easy fix (easy to say
when you don't have to do the change) which would also add value for people
with color sight issues - I did spend a lot of time looking for an option
to change the debug text display colour and I suspect that if it was
available then it would resolve the issue.

At the risk of stating the obvious - happy to do any testing.

Best Regards
Ron McInally

Attachments:
	gambas3.png  16.7 KB