[Gambas-user] Weird non firing textbox_keypress event - a clue

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Wed Nov 9 22:23:21 CET 2011

On Sunday 06 November 2011 10:30:19 Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 06/11/2011 00:21, richard terry a écrit :

> >> I can't help you if you don't give any source code.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >
> > That would be extremely complex Benoit unfortunately, as you'd have to
> > build out entire database, set up the database, have downloaded HL7 and
> > scanned pdf's to file in the inbox.
> >
> > Unless you could tell me how to dump something which would help you in
> > its current state?
>
> You should try to isolate the problem, as your description is not clear
> enough.
>
> There were changes recently in keyboard event management so that the
> form keypress event handler always get the keyboard events before any
> control located in that form.
>
> But without seeing what you are doing exactly with your keypress event
> handlers, I can't know if this is related, and how.
>
> Regards,

Hi Benoit, I find the problem in my code - so it is at my end - whatever
changes you made obviously precipitated it. The text box on the form not firing
was embedded in a form which itself was embedded in anther form and I'd some
time ago been tinkering with the form_key_press to detect ctrl key
combinations and I had a stop event in there which caused the grief.

I've upgraded to the latest svn.

Richard