[Gambas-user] gb3: changing the active font

Thu Nov 3 20:06:22 CET 2011

On 11/03/2011 01:14 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Have you tried :
>
> Draw.Font = Draw.Font.Load("/home/kevinfishburne/Desktop/Sanctimonia,
>
> because draw.font.load normally not assignate a font to draw.font but
> just return an object handle to a font object

Nice, that actually works.

What's odd is that after some period of time it still halts with the
error "gb.sdl error: Couldn't open
/usr/local/share/gambas3/gb.sdl/DejaVuSans.ttf in Render 834". I checked
the value of Draw.Font after the crash and it reports the Name property
as being "DejaVuSans.ttf", even though I've only been setting it to
"Avatar.ttf". I changed the line to this:

If Draw.Font.Name <> "Avatar.ttf" Then Draw.Font =
Draw.Font.Load("/home/kevinfishburne/Desktop/Sanctimonia,
Server/Images/Font/Avatar.ttf")

and it still crashes. Somehow Draw.Font.Name is being reset to
"DejaVuSans.ttf". I searched the entire project for "Draw.Font" and
nothing else is modifying it. Sounds like a bug. I'm using revision 4229.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues