[Gambas-user] odd gb3 issue

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 30 21:31:15 CEST 2011

> Any reason a compiled app would behave differently than an app run in
> the IDE? My app stalls half-way through receiving network packets from
> the server when compiled, but when both are running in the IDE it works
> fine. Didn't have this problem earlier tonight. This is new to me. I'm
> using build 3866.

Mmm. Very hard to guess as soon as you do network programming.

When your program is stalled, do that in a terminal:

$ gdb /usr/bin/gbx3 <pid of your application>
(gdb) bt

And send me the result of the 'bt' command, which should tell where the
program is stalled.

Note: replace /usr/bin/gbx3 by where the gambas interpreter is actually
installed.

Benoît Minisini