[Gambas-user] Simple (I hope) - A list of windows opened by the current app

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Sat May 21 12:51:16 CEST 2011

On 21/05/11 20:02, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> My main form has a list view which allows the user to open a new form
>> for each of the items when they double-click on a row, but if the detail
>> form is already open then all I want to do is bring it to the "top".
>>
>> Achieving this is being fouled by:
>> 1) is there a collection/list/whatever of all the windows that belong to
>> the Application
>>
> Windows
>
> Pretty Obvious  8-)   Ya know what I really hate, I was browsing the help today and I saw this and thought "Hey, that may come in handy someday" and then prompty forgot all about it.  :-X

Moving forward, I'll just use the tag property to track the instance.
Is there a better way?

>> 2) when the user minimizes one of the detail windows, all the
>> application windows are minimized
>>
> It depends on your Gambas version and the window manager you use.

This is a weekend project, (for Little Athletics).  I'm trying to lower
the benchmark as far as possible so we can use old laptops, so it's
Openbox on gambas2 (Still waiting!).