[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 menu on Ubuntu Natty

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 1 17:32:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have found a workaround for the buggy global menu in Ubuntu Natty. I put it
in revision #3824.

I don't use Natty, so I have tested the fix with the KDE Plasma global menu
applet only.

The workaround is a environment variable that tells Qt to display its menu
both in the global menu and in the application. 'Dunno why, but then the
global menu appears, and you can hide the local one from the IDE.

I'm afraid it's the better that I can do.

Be aware that apparently that global menu thing works only for applications
that use menus in a well-defined conservative way. The Gambas3 IDE has a lot
of menus everywhere, so I think it is too complex for the global menu applet.
Other applications like Lyx have problems too.

Benoît Minisini