[Gambas-user] Global menu doesn't work with global-menu plasmoid in KDE

Leandro Santiago leandrosansilva at ...626...
Tue Mar 29 05:16:00 CEST 2011

Hello to all.

I use kde5.x with the global menu plasmoid (like mac os x), but,
although it's compatible with all qt4 applications I use, it doesn't
work with gambas3 IDE. There's no difference between when the menu bar
is set do hide (the only difference is a line between title bar and
toolbar in non-hide mode). The behavior in both cases is: the menu
isn't showed in the IDE main window.

But if I create an application with gambas which uses a menubar, it
works fine with global menu, which is very strange.

First screenshot: normal mode: set to show menubar:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/gambas3-globalmenu1.png

Second: don't show menubar (Ctrl+Alt+M):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/gambas3-globalmenu2.png

Third: a small application which uses menubar:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3550969/gambas3-globalmenu3.png

This plasmoid is the default global menu for kde, but I alsp tested
xbar (from bespin theme engine) and it doesn't work too.

I'm using gambas from svn rev. 3689, but this problem happen a long time ago.

Thx for developing gambas.