[Gambas-user] help with EXEC usage

Fri Mar 25 18:56:05 CET 2011

I think this is what Benoit means;

PUBLIC hProc AS Process

PUBLIC SUB btnPlay_Click()
    hProc = SHELL ("get_iplayer --stream 13280 | mplayer -cache 3072 -") FOR
WRITE
END

PUBLIC SUB btnStop_Click()

    IF hProc.State = Process.Running THEN
    DEBUG hProc.Handle
    SHELL "kill -s HUP " & CStr(hProc.Handle)
    ENDIF

END

However it doesn't work with me, differences between distributions?
But maybe with different signal... or then with pgrep as I described
earlier.

Gambas 2.22 rev 3527 @ Ubuntu 10.10 64bit
Jussi