[Gambas-user] translating planar coordinates relative to point's angle

Tue Mar 22 03:27:15 CET 2011

On 03/17/2011 05:39 AM, Caveat wrote:
> Hi Kevin
> Great to hear you got it working.  I was having a discussion with a
> developer friend of mine who needs to do a lot of "math stuff" in his
> work and he came up with the suggestion to use affines, just a little
> after Doriano came up with the working solution (which is actually based
> on affines).
>
> If you want more background (and it looks like you may need it), he
> suggested you try this link:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_%28mathematics%29

Hi Caveat. Thanks for the link. I've looked it over a couple of times
and it's good that it has the basic formula. My problem is that while
I'm very creative/intelligent/determined, it's hard for me to relate a
lot of mathematical principles to practical problems/solutions in code.
I don't know if I have a learning disability or some other deficiency,
but it's always been hard for me to apply abstract principles to things
in real life, especially mathematics. It's very frustrating as you can
imagine.

On that note I'm about to start another thread on a similar subject, so
hopefully someone can help me there too. Fortunately for me most of the
"crazy" stuff in my app is complete and I can move on to other things.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues