[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 RC1 pre-release source package

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 21 12:05:40 CET 2011

> the packages are basically the old gambas2 debian packages with "2"
> replaced by "3" (and using the gambas3 source of course)
> Some changes to dependencies are also required to make them build.
> However I haven't changed the structure and names of the packages,
> these seem to follow the guidelines set in the wiki, with two
> exceptions
> - gambas3-devel is gambas3-dev, this the Debian naming convention
> ("gambas3-devel" would be seen as being RedHat-style)
> - gambas3-help doesn't exist as it doesn't seem to build, I'll take a
> look at that.
>
> I'm happy to make other changes to bring these packages into line with
> the guidelines, but you will need to state specifically what the
> problems are.
>
> Ian

1) I don't see where are all the individual binary packages (gambas3-runtime,
gambas3-dev...) on the launchpad link you sent.

2) I have updated the "How to package Gambas" on the wiki. The main change is
the removal of binary packages for gb.eval and gb.debug. They are both
included inside gambas3-runtime package.

Benoît Minisini