[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 RC1 pre-release source package

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 20 18:05:27 CET 2011

> Am 20.03.2011 16:18, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> > Well. Normally, when running the ./reconf-all script, all libtool macro
> > files inside the m4 directory should be replaced by what is installed on
> > your system.
>
> What is "the m4 directory"? There are many m4 directories in the gambas
> dirs, all with the same files in them. Do you mean these dirs?

Yes. Actually all m4 directories are copy of the top-level m4 directories
(look inside a subversion repository copy, you will find symbolic links
instead of normal directories).

> > So:
> >
> > 1) Can you check that libtool is installed on your system?
>
> Yes, it is (otherwise, I couldn't compile the svn revisions, could I?)
> Version 2.2.6-47.451.1
>
> > 2) Can you compare the contents of the m4 directory between before
> > running "./reconf-all" (just after the source package has been
> > extracted), and just after?
>
> The only change: a file "argz.m4" is added. See before/after screenshots.
> I also append the output of ./reconf-all, so you can look if something went
> wrong there.

But did you compare the *contents* of the files? Did they change?

> > 3) Can you tell me if you find on your system the libtool macro files
> > having the same name as the one located in the m4 directory?
>
> Yes, they are all there, same names but older dates. Except for the
> "gb_cflags..." file.

Yes, but where are they? Can you compare these files with the contents of m4
directory? Normally, during the ./reconf-all, the GNU tools must copy the
contents of... Oops, wait a minute... I think that the copy is done only if
they are *newer*. Or you have a libtool version *older* than the Ubuntu one.

So: can you try to remove the libtool macro files from all m4 directories?
Those that do not begin with "gb". Then do a ./reconf-all, and see if things
get better.

If things get better, I will remove these files from the source archive
definitively.

Benoît Minisini