[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 RC1 pre-release source package

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Sun Mar 20 06:49:59 CET 2011

2011/3/20 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>> 2011/3/20 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>> > And for those who can make binary packages: can you try to make a binary
>> > package from this source package and tell me if you get any problem? That
>> > way, I hope that packaging problems will be fixed before the final
>> > release!
>>
>> compiles on Debian squeeze, Ubuntu lucid and maverick without problems.
>>
>> packages can be downloaded from:
>> https://launchpad.net/~ihaywood3/+archive/gambas3
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Mmm... Binary packages must follow what is detailed on the wiki, at the "How
> to package Gambas" page.
the packages are basically the old gambas2 debian packages with "2"
replaced by "3" (and using the gambas3 source of course)
Some changes to dependencies are also required to make them build.
However I haven't changed the structure and names of the packages,
these seem to follow the guidelines set in the wiki, with two
exceptions
- gambas3-devel is gambas3-dev, this the Debian naming convention
("gambas3-devel" would be seen as being RedHat-style)
- gambas3-help doesn't exist as it doesn't seem to build, I'll take a
look at that.

I'm happy to make other changes to bring these packages into line with
the guidelines, but you will need to state specifically what the
problems are.

Ian