[Gambas-user] Removal of gb.db.firebird

Sat Mar 19 03:25:14 CET 2011

On 03/18/2011 10:15 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry that I had to remove the gb.db.firebird component in Gambas 3,
> because the license of some its source files is not actually compatible with
> the General Public License.

Did you voice your concerns about incompatibility to the maintainers? I
have no personal stake in this; I didn't know what it was until a couple
of minutes ago, but it seems a shame if their variation on the license
makes it incompatible. Their license may affect them adversely in the
future if they don't change it.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues