[Gambas-user] Missing data from Process_Read()

Mon Mar 7 17:29:28 CET 2011

> In Process_Read(), why do you write that the ReadLine() method does not
> work,
>  whereas it does exactly the same thing as "Line Input"?

You didn't try to uncomment it?
With some earlier revision, it gave strings like "something here\nsomething
more", while
"Line Input #RunProject, sLine" gave them correctly without "\n".

This was under investigation and now when I tried to reproduce the problem,
I got "broken pipe" and signal 11.
With some sources just signal 11.

Gambas 3 rev 3639 @ Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

> Otherwise, you are running the project with the Shell. Use Exec instead,
> the
> behavour may be better. Shell may create a buffered stream between your
> project and the profiled project. That would explain why you lose data.

Tried... but no luck.

I attached new version of profiler.
Now using exec and it doesn't waste memory anymore.

Jussi
BTW, by "unconventional" I meant "inconvenient", but I think that was
obvious to everyone who tried it.