[Gambas-user] gb3+sdl: Screen object not created and screen events don't trigger

Sun Mar 6 04:36:14 CET 2011

I have a module, Render, with the following:

Public Screen As New Window As "Screen"

Public Sub Screen_Create()

   With Screen
     .Width = swidth
     .Height = sheight
     .Framerate = 60
     .FullScreen = sfullscreen
     .Show()
   End With

End

Public Sub Screen_Close()

   Main.Terminate

End

Public Sub Screen_Draw()

   [stuff...]

End

The procedure Screen_Draw should be triggered as an event automatically,
yet it is not. When manually calling it I get a "No device" error when
it tries to write to the screen via Draw.Image(...). Double-clicking the
"Screen" object in the variable declaration states "Unknown symbol".
BeastScroll works fine, even using the same components as the app that
fails (gb, gb.image, gb.image.effect, gb.image.imlib, gb.image.io,
gb.net, gb.sdl, gb.sdl.sound). It's almost like it thinks the
declaration "Public Screen As New Window As "Screen"" is a joke or
something. :/

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but an hour of experimentation so
far has yielded no results. I'm using gb3 revision 3608. As I mentioned
BeastScroll works, so I think it's probably not a gb3 bug. Any advice
appreciated!

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues