[Gambas-user] Application_Read does react only once

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Mar 4 01:06:04 CET 2011

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > This is a small project I have been circling around for about a year or
> > so. It would be a simple command line application that waits for and
> > evaluates every keystroke you make.
> >
> > Some of you were so kind to point me to Application_Read to achieve
> > that, but I found it only gives one single keystroke (a Return) and
> > (seamingly) is never called again. To make things short, this is the
> > core of my application so far:

> > So, why does "hello world" only appear one single time (after a first
> > Return), and why will I never read " : " but only the letters of the
> > keys pressed?
> >
> > On my machine, the whole thing runs within "Konsole" on a graphical
> > screen, but I think that will not really make a difference, will it?
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Rolf
>
> Please send a complete project each time you report a bug, even if it is a
> small one that looks evident for you.
>
> Regards,

That code works perfectly in real situation (inside a terminal). But not
correctly from the IDE, as apparently stroke typed from the IDE console window
are not received immediately by the debugged application. You must type a lot
of characters before.

Benoît Minisini