[Gambas-user] (no subject)

vikram austinium at ...43...
Thu Mar 3 10:33:00 CET 2011

Hi,

An application I am working on allows users to select .sql dump files and the "source" them into MySQL. I am storing the paths of .sql files obtained via Dialog.OpenFile() in a array and then iterating through the array with the following command(via SHELL) to "source" the .sql database dumps.

mysql -uroot -padmin -e \"source " & Globals.DBsqlFilePathArray[counter] & "\" "

Trouble is the application becomes unresponsive when large files are used. So I display a Message dialog informing the user that the operation will take some time and then follow a previous thread (http://www.mail-archive.com/gambas-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg11153.html) to display the busy cursor. But the busy cursor is not displayed when the user moves the mouse over the Message dialog. It still feels like the application has "frozen".

I feel displaying a progressbar would be better, but I am not able to figure out how I can get the progress bar to work with the "source" operation in the background. I did check out the progressbar sample here(http://gambaslinux.eg2.fr/articles.php?lng=en&pg=126), but thats not exactly what i am trying to make. Even a dummy progress bar whose value keeps cycling between 0 and 1 would do.

Are there any tutorials or examples related to using progress bars in gambas?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Vikram Nair