[Gambas-user] Missing libraries for some examples

Thu Mar 3 01:12:52 CET 2011

   On 03/02/2011 03:39 AM, richard terry wrote:

Hi list,

I've just been trying some of the examples, and it seems my machine (Kubuntu
9) missing some stuff for example it complains about OpenGL missing - could
anyone tell me what particular libaries I need. I did look in synaptic but it
was pretty cryptic to my simple mind.

   I'd compile GAMBAS 3 if you want to get started properly. If you look here:
   [1]http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html
   you'll  see  the  command  that  needs to be issued to install all the
   compilation dependencies. Which command depends on which version of Ubuntu
   you're using. Generally Ubuntu's version numbers are x.04, x.10, so you are
   probably using Kubuntu 9.04 or 9.10. Once you figure out what version of
   Ubuntu  you're  using then copy/paste the command (minus the $) into a
   terminal window and press Enter. Example, for 10.04 (Lucid) you'd enter the
   command:
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf libbz2-dev libfbclient2 libmysqlc
lient15-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev libgtk2.0-dev
libldap2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-
dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsage-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-de
v libbonobo2-dev libcos4-dev libomniorb4-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev libpop
pler-glib-dev libasound2-dev libesd0-dev libesd-alsa0 libdirectfb-dev libaa1-de
v libxtst-dev libffi-dev kdelibs4-dev firebird2.1-dev libqt4-dev libglew1.5-dev
 libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgnome-keyring-dev

   To compile the latest GAMBAS 3 build  you'd issue commands like these:
   svn checkout
   [2]https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/trunk/
   cd trunk
   ./reconf-all
   ./configure
   make
   sudo make install
   gambas3
   While probably not exactly what you're asking for, all that should give you
   a proper GAMBAS with all necessary dependencies.
   As far as OpenGL, your video drivers may not support hardware acceleration.
   I'd upgrade your version of Ubuntu or try installing the proprietary drivers
   using jockey-gtk or the Kubuntu equivalent. Most ATI and NVIDIA cards should
   be supported and allow OpenGL.
--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues