[Gambas-user] Bug in Webview demo in Gambas

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Wed Mar 2 22:35:25 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011 07:23:43 Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > Maybe this is just my machine,  I typed in this url, and the sample died:
> >
> > FBrowser.WebView_Click.286:  http://www.youtube.com/
> >
> > (process:10837): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
> > /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.22.3/gobject/gtype.c:2458: initialization
> > assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function
> >
> > (process:10837): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion
> > `initialization_value != 0' failed
> >
> > (process:10837): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
> > `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > richard
>
> A bug is WebKit for sure. All the webpage contents is entirely managed by
>  the WebKit Qt library, I cannot do anything agains the bugs. Do you have
>  the latest Qt library?

Yes, I think, its 4.5.2  but I think I'm going to have to upgrade to Kubuntu
10.0. Can you do stuff like show flash plugins in your webkit?

Its a big upgrade for me because I've my entire development env on my laptop +
stacks of clinical things and programs I've collected, virtualbox running all
my pathology software hl7 downloaders etc , probably easier to buy a new
laptop drive and put the old one in a case to plug in the side!!!!!

REgards

Richard