[Gambas-user] Bug with debugging

Tue Mar 1 21:21:03 CET 2011

Hi!
I'm working on experimental profiler project (I hope Benoit will release
better approach to this in future).
However, I'm constantly running into debugging problems;
occasionally missing error messages, and randomly missing possibility to
"look" inside variable.

This project is full of bugs, missing features, etc. and it exist primarily
as experiment.
So, no comments about code quality is needed.

Way to reproduce problems.

1. Click on "Open project" and select some *small* project to test.
2. Click on "Record".
3. Click on "Run"
4. Click on "Record"
5. Close the project you opened for profiling.

Now you should have "Out of bounds" error message (some times not [try
running Profiler from IDE couple of times to demonstrate missing messages]).
Then try to see what cBData[] holds, almost never you can't. If you can try
other variables.
With this project reproducing this problem shouldn't be difficult, couple
runs should be enough.

Gambas 3 rev 3627 @ Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

Jussi
P.S Code is GPL v2 if it is going to be useful...