[Gambas-user] Programming, age

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jun 23 22:12:41 CEST 2011

On Thursday 23 June 2011 15:52, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> i just don't understand the goal of your query ... :/ still confused
>  about that.

He was asking if there were any old-timers around and what they're doing.

I wrote my first code on a friend's dad's TRS-80 Model 1 in 1978, sold my
first shareware program (on the C64) in 1985, and got my first programming
gig doing mainframe DB2 and dBase on the PC in 1990.  So, older than some,
younger than some.  I've definitely moved more toward web apps in the last
decade, to the point where it's the vast majority of what I do for clients,
but have doing more Java again lately thanks to Android, after not touching
it for about 8 years. (Much better now that Eclipse is stable.)

Rob