[Gambas-user] gb3: date/time reporting odd fractional value

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Thu Jun 23 11:02:30 CEST 2011

Sorry Kevin, I don't get it either.  I wrote a little converter to take
the millisecond value (stuff after the point) and convert it to hours
minutes seconds, according to the standard algorithm... and I get a time
that doesn't seem to bear much resemblance to the actual time on my
system, nor to GMT, but it does increment per second/per minute as I'd
expect!

  Dim rightNow As Float
  Dim remain, allSeconds, seconds, minutes, hours As Integer
  rightNow = Now
  Print CDate(rightNow)
  Print "With day: " & rightNow
  rightNow = rightNow - CFloat(Int(rightNow))
  Print "Just time: " & rightNow
  allSeconds = Int(rightNow * 100000000)
  Print "Milliseconds: " & allSeconds
  allSeconds = Int(allSeconds / 1000)
  ' For testing a specific example off the web
  ' See http://www.unitarium.com/blog/tag/algorithm
  ' Scroll down to example 2, use method 1
  'allSeconds = 43870
  Print "All Seconds: " & allSeconds
  seconds = allSeconds Mod 3600
  Print "Seconds less hours: " & seconds
  hours = Int(allSeconds / 3600)
  Print "Hours: " & hours
  remain = seconds Mod 60
  Print "Seconds less minutes: " & remain
  minutes = Int(seconds / 60)
  Print "Minutes: " & minutes
  seconds = remain
  Print "It is now " & hours & ":" & minutes & ":" & seconds & " GMT"

Confused,
Caveat