[Gambas-user] gb3: date/time reporting odd fractional value

Thu Jun 23 10:16:09 CEST 2011

On 06/23/2011 03:54 AM, John Spikowski wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 03:16 -0400, Kevin Fishburne wrote:
>
>> I'm reading about GMT on Wikipedia now... How would one interpret the
>> returned values with respect to GMT?
>>
> There are 25 integer World Time Zones from -12 through 0 (GMT) to +12.
> Each one is 15° of Longitude as measured East and West from the Prime
> Meridian of the World at Greenwich, England.

Thank you.

Why should I have to reference a time zone when sending a float between
two computers? The date sent is artificial, so maybe it's affected by
localization or something weird like that. Are date functions
automatically calculated against the host machine's system clock and
time zone?

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues