[Gambas-user] gambas3 and web services

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Tue Jun 21 14:00:34 CEST 2011

I just made a quick example using one of the free Web Services out on
the interwebbase ;-)
Your project will need to include networking (obviously!)

  Dim http As HttpClient
  Dim buffer As String
  http = New HttpClient As "http"
  http.URL =
"http://www.webservicex.net/ConvertTemperature.asmx/ConvertTemp"
  http.Async = False
  http.Timeout = 60
  http.Post("application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
"Temperature=100&FromUnit=degreeCelsius&ToUnit=degreeFahrenheit")

  Print "begin"
  If http.Status < 0 Then
    Print "ERROR"
  Else
    ' Success - read data
    If Lof(http) Then Read #http, buffer, Lof(http)
    Print buffer
  End If

  Print "end"

The result is:
begin
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<double xmlns="http://www.webserviceX.NET/">212</double>
end

This just converts a temperature from one unit to another (100C = 212F).
You should be able to pick the bones out of this to make a specific
client for the Web Service(s) you want to use.  For more details of the
example WS I used, see
http://www.webservicex.net/ConvertTemperature.asmx?op=ConvertTemp

Regards,
Caveat