[Gambas-user] Unable to split string containing ascii characters

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Mon Jun 6 09:25:53 CEST 2011

For myself, apology accepted, but then I'm not the one that spent the
last 12 years of his life dedicating hour after hour and day after day
to developing such an amazing language as Gambas :-)

Hearing your frustration, I'm wondering whether you're taking a
corkscrew to crack a nut (or a nut-cracker to open a bottle of
wine)! :-D

I don't really know what it is you're ultimately trying to achieve but
if you need to do extensive string manipulations perhaps even involving
regular expressions, perl might be a better choice.  If you're trying to
parse web-pages, then python with a healthy dose of BeautifulSoup may
suit your needs better...

Gambas is an amazingly powerful language enabling very rapid development
of user interfaces but it's not the language I use for every problem I
have to solve in IT.

Let us know a little more of what it is you're trying to do (some people
do work on 'private' projects, so I appreciate the need to keep some
information back in some cases), then perhaps we'd be better able to
help you further.

Kind regards,
Caveat