[Gambas-user] gb3: gb.sdl.sound disallows more than 8 sounds/channels at once

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jul 24 11:17:42 CEST 2011

> > I can play eight sounds simultaneously, adjusting their volumes as
> > needed, but when I try to set the volume of the channel of the ninth
> > sound I receive an error saying that the channel is null (even though
> > the ninth sound actually starts playing at a volume of 1).
>
> Sorry, it's my fault. I never noticed that the SDL_mixer used only eight
> channels by default. I will fix that and tell you.
>
> Regards,

No, it's not my fault. I just forgot how that component works.

You must define the Channels.Count property to the number of channels you need
: it is eight by default, and can grow up to 32 (this is an arbitrary limit,
tell me if more is needed).

Benoît Minisini