[Gambas-user] Application_Read

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Sun Jul 24 08:17:37 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 00:32 +0200, tobias wrote:

> >> oh god, i didn't notice the attachment... it really works. ah, i see
> >> Lof() returns 0 on stdin, of course...
> >> but there is something i don't understand, i altered the working code to
> >> check Lof():
> >> Static Public Sub Application_Read()
> >>
> >>     Dim sBuf As String
> >>
> >>     Print Lof()
> >>     sBuf = Read -256
> >>     FMain.Insert(sBuf)
> >>
> >> End
> >>
> >> and now it permanently Prints zeros into my terminal, which means that
> >> the Application_Read() is called all the time, but nothing is inserted
> >> into the textarea, not even an empty string as i expected. what is going
> >> on?
> >>
> > I noticed that, I must investigate. It happens when you run the project from
> > the IDE without a true terminal.
> >
> > In that case, the standard streams are redirected to pipes created by the IDE
> > when running the project. And these pipes don't seem to behave like terminal
> > file descriptors!
> >
> for me, it's the same in bash (Konsole), not the ide only

Thanks for the fixed Project Benoit.

I made an executable and run it in a true console.
Then i send data to /proc/12553/fd/0 with
echo "test" /proc/12553/fd/0.

The result is that the word "test" appears in terminal but it is not
Read by Application_Read().

I say that because i add a PRINT "ok" expression in Application_Read and
it is not working when i sent data to fd/0.

Demosthenes Koptsis.