[Gambas-user] gb3: Undo/Redo (Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Y)

Mon Jul 18 09:23:11 CEST 2011

Maybe no one's noticed this but undo/redo operations are seriously
f'cked up. Maybe it's due to a limit on the number of changes kept track
of, I don't know. My memory may fail me, but in the past I think it's
processed changes between modules in module-agnostic order rather than
by the module currently being edited. It definitely has limitations and
leaves the code in a mixed state when moving back and forth through the
history a certain number of times.

Sorry for the vague info about it, as I'm not sure exactly what it's
doing, but it definitely needs a second look. At some point the
undo/redo operations just stop with the code in a random state within
the history.

My suggestions are to have a large default history, and to keep separate
histories per module. Maybe having the changes itemized, browsable and
editable would be good, something like an integrated version control
system. No biggie, just some ideas for after gb3.0 is released.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues