[Gambas-user] Creating Sound

Mon Jul 11 04:17:19 CEST 2011

On 07/10/2011 08:32 PM, tobias wrote:

>>> That would be cool. I remember making sound effects that way using GW
>>> Basic ages ago. Maybe there's something in /dev/ that can be opened as a
>>> stream and read/written to directly?
>>>
> wow, i quite can't figure out what my audio output device file is nor
> restore the /dev/dsp without causing my sound to be disabled...
> that's weird!

I'm using Mint 11 and noticed it doesn't have a /dev/dsp, only /dev/snd
which contains:

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root       60 2011-07-06 01:16 by-path
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  8 2011-07-06 01:16 controlC0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  7 2011-07-06 01:16 hwC0D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  6 2011-07-09 21:15 pcmC0D0c
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  5 2011-07-10 17:08 pcmC0D0p