[Gambas-user] gb3: clearing a public embedded array from a procedure

Tue Jul 5 02:18:53 CEST 2011

I've declared an array like this:

Public QueueObject[1024] As String

and tried to clear it in a procedure like this:

QueueObject.Clear()

but receive the error "Embedded array...".

I just need to erase all the values in the array so I can reassign new
ones. Obviously I can do this manually, but it looked like the .Clear
method would do the trick. Any idea why it is throwing this error?

I looked over the documentation here:

http://gambasdoc.org/help/cat/arraydecl?v3

and see that there are local arrays and embedded arrays. I guess some or
all array methods are only available for local arrays? The docs are a
bit confusing to me on this, but it's probably because I'm out of my
depth. I can otherwise read and write to the array normally from the
procedure, and do a function such as "QueueSorted =
QueueObject.Sort(gb.Descent)".

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues