[Gambas-user] A few questions

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Mon Jan 31 07:26:33 CET 2011

BTW: I fixed my running as root when I shouldn't have problem. The
following commands will recursively change your owner and group
permissions for files and directories.

*** FILES ***
find . -type f -exec chown -R me {} \;
find . -type f -exec chgrp -R me {} \;

*** DIRECTORIES ***
find . -type d -exec chown -R me {} \;
find . -type d -exec chgrp -R me {} \;

*Note: Change 'me' to 'you'.

It takes me about 30 minutes on my old 2.88 mhz HP Laptop to build 3.

Laundry List:

When I start gambas3 from the console command line, I get the following
messages before Gambas starts.

jrs at ...2530...:~$ gambas3
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported
warning: unable to load Qt translation: en_US.utf8
warning: unable to load 16/cancel

Before I can load an example, I get a dialog with the following message.
Why does Gambas think the project is already open when it's not?

"This project seems to be already opened.

Opening the same project twice can lead to data loss."

[ Do not open ] [ Open after all ]

When I start my system up and after logging in, I get a ICS not
configured or accessible before my desktop even comes up. This started
happening after my first build of Gambas 2.22.

svn info is a quick way to get your current local trunk version but how
do you find out via svn what the remote (master) version (release #) is?

John