[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 rev 3489 bad form file version

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 23 18:35:28 CET 2011

> Yes i have, but i copy parts of my project, im keeping a 2 and gambas 3
> version.
> Now i cant copy updated forms anymore and choose update.
>
> Can we just keep that menu optio too?
> ---
> Regards,
> Ron.

Now the conversion of forms is automatic as soon as you open a Gambas 2
project in the Gambas 3 IDE. So, if you open your old Gambas 2 project, all
your forms will be automatically converted.

It's an interesting test for me, as you will be able to tell me how useful is
the automatic converter (it converts both forms and source code).

As the source code converter is based on the remarks you published on your web
site, it *should* convert your entire project correctly.

All the modifications introduced by the converter are annotated with a comment
in the source code, with the old line before the conversion, so that you can
check exactly what was done.

Please do the test and tell me the result.

Moreover, by doing that, you will be able to take the converted forms you need
to put them in your already partially converted Gambas 3 project!

--
Benoît Minisini