[Gambas-user] Eeek... help. Gambas 3, latest SVN

Anthony Ivan imperious.ldr at ...2360...
Sun Jan 23 10:39:58 CET 2011

Hi Everyone...

Once again a silly basic question - the answer to which is eluding me:

I am trying to send a string[] of data from one computer to another....

THUS on the server side:
Public Sub MessageClients(myMessage As String[])
   Dim varSocket As Socket
   For Each varSocket In Clients
     Try Write #varSocket, myMessage As String[]
   Next
End

On the Client side....
Public Sub varSocket_Read()
     DIM myData as String[]
     If varSocket.Status <> Net.Connected Then Return
     Try myData = Read #Last As String[]
End

The above creates a signal 11 failure. The data is being sent out from
the server. If I change things around to send and receive a simple
string there is no problem. The question is: How does one receive a
String[] array at the client end?

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Anthony