[Gambas-user] Building 3.0

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Thu Jan 20 20:59:17 CET 2011

Gambas Developer Team,

I used svn and downloaded the trunk and ran ./reconf-all. I have
installed 3.0 Gambas as a sub-directory in my /home/jrs/gambas-dev/trunk
and ready to build Gambas 3.0. Before I get started I have a few
questions and maybe the answers will help other newbies like me to
Gambas help test the 3.0 release.

1. Do I still need to run ./configure after running ./reconf-all ?

2. I would like to continue to keep the 2.22 release I built as the
default and run 3.0 out of my home directory for testing. Should I use
the prefix option with configure to have the install create the binaries
in /home/jrs/???

3. If I want to refresh the truck and test recent fixes, is there a svn
command to only download the files that have changed since my last truck
request?

4. Is there a way to only recompile a component and install it rather
than doing a complete build from scratch?

5. Is there a better way to report suspected bugs other than the list?

6. What area(s) of Gambas development are most important at this time to
get the 3.0 release out?

Thanks for your help to bring a Gambas newbie developer up to speed.

John