[Gambas-user] MkXXX$() functions

Sat Jan 15 18:12:10 CET 2011

   On 01/15/2011 09:14 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:

Thanks it is more clear now, because the example of UDP usage of these
functions i did not understand it.

Beware that these functions may be removed, and replaced by another way of
forging UDP packets.

   [[1]Noooooooo...]  ;)  Please  let  us/me  know if you do, or what the
   replacements will be.
   The  functions are the logical extension of ASC() and STR(), which I'm
   guessing  you'll  be  keeping out of respect for or compatibility with
   old-school  BASIC.  Maybe  ASC()  and STR() could be removed, with the
   documentation pointing to the new functions? ASC() and STR() could also be
   used to forge UDP packets and still suffer from the endianness issue.
--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues