[Gambas-user] Little editor "feature" in Gambas2

Tue Jan 11 08:37:17 CET 2011

Moin,

Just found this one, don't know if it's been removed in Gambas3. When I
define several arrays of strings on one line within a SUB, later the
names are recognized. Example:

DIM sMyStrings1, sMyStrings2 AS NEW String[]

Then type

sMyStrings1.

and the list with "Add, Bounds, Clear..." will appear.

However, if I define the arrays outside the SUBs for public use, they
will be recognized only if defined solely one by one on a separate line
each, i. e.

PUBLIC sMyStrings1, sMyStrings2 AS NEW String[]

then within a SUB type

sMyStrings1.

and nothing happens, but if I do

PUBLIC sMyStrings1 AS NEW String[]
PUBLIC sMyStrings2 AS NEW String[]

they are recognized.

Or am I doing something false here the interpreter will understand wrong?

Regards

Rolf