[Gambas-user] [Fwd: Gambas3 Pointers example]

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Sat Jan 8 22:07:19 CET 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 22:07 +0200, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> > hMemory = Memory pPointer For Read Write
> > Write #hMemory, 10 As Integer
> >
> > is there any other way that i did not notice?

thanks Jussi.
i just wondered if there is something else than write instruction for
writing into a pointer.

But as i see a pointer is manipulated by stream read/write instructions.

Never mind just exploring Gambas3 and docs.

> I'm not sure I understand what do you mean/need...
> Documentation gives two options;
>
> *WRITE* [ *#* *Stream* *,* ] *Expression* *AS* *Datatype*
> *WRITE* [ *#* *Stream* *,* ] *String* [ *,* *Length* ]
>
> But I personally use streams just for reading data from external functions.
> So, in other words, my third option is to pass pointer to external function
> and let it write to stream.
>
> You can see example from my GambasTester project (attached), just search
> "modf".
> Here is C++ reference:
> http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/modf/
>
> Jussi
> P.S. Test will not pass right now, because some new functions (possibly
> obsolete) are missing from test.

Demosthenes