[Gambas-user] Balloon no more displayed

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 3 00:26:40 CET 2011

> Hi Benoît,
> found it. The balloon appear as expected if i disable the Desktop
> Effects. With them enabled i cannot see the balloon nor with QT nor with
> GTK.
>
> Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64
> Gnome
> svn rev 3432

So this is a Compiz problem... but I can't test it on my machine.

I have a NVIDIA card:

The NVIDIA driver freezes quickly, so I use Nouveau.

I have repeated freezes too with Nouveau, but you have just to wait one minute
at each freeze, and the system goes back to normal.

But the 3D part of the nouveau is buggy too, so I had to disable it. And so I
can't use Compiz at all!

If someone that knows Compiz well could investigate...

Benoît Minisini