[Gambas-user] break points - removing question

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon Jan 3 00:05:22 CET 2011

On Monday 03 January 2011 00:13:50 Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > Is there any way you could insitute removing breakpoints other than those
> > in the current routine which we already can?
> >
> > sometimes I put in a breakpoint to check something, then having validated
> > things are ok, want it removed so the program execution continues past
> > this next time, but the subroutine itself has already executed, and for
> > example, I may be stopped at another breakpoint.
> >
> > Hope this makes sense.
> >
> > Richard
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the story there. :-/

Ok, I'll try again.

Imagine you have a bug in your program, and you want to  stop the program
exection at various points so you use 'toggle breakpoint'  in a number of
subroutines.

Once gambas execution enters a subroutine, one has the ability to, when the
program has paused, swipe any thing, inspect the contents and step on either
line by line or run the program untili the next code break.

Problem is, that having inspected something, one might find that that
particular subroutine is working ok, so one no longer wants to have the code
break in a previous routine, but since one has 'passed it by', gambas won't
let you click on it to remove it, one has to stop the program.

IE the question is can it be possible to remove a toggle breakpoint from a
subroutine that the program is currently not executing without stopping the
program?

Regards

Richard