[Gambas-user] Sig 11 with menu items remains

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Sun Jan 2 23:57:50 CET 2011

Hi Benoit/List:

A reminder prior to the release that that annoying Sig11 bug remains with the
menu items, you'll remember I tried to use valgrind with it some time ago
without success and I think the suggestion was that maybe it is related to a
QT4 bug.

Maybe someone else on the list is aware of this or can help.

I've emailed Ian, who is much more switched on than me about computing to see
if he can liase with you on this.

Also lately I've been getting some Sig11 with Result objects, not sure why,
just to let you know they exist, I'll try and track these down.

Another thing -  at some point before you release, any chance of re-debating
the spacing property, which as you know used to be in pixels, but now somehow
relates to something else which I find a major pain, as it was wonderful to be
able to space once controls by 1 pixel, which no isn't possible.

One last thing - which we have debated before is the behaviour of gambas of
removing a collection member when it is set to null, which causes our project
a great deal of greif as we use collections to transfer data from our backend,
and compare old data to changed data, and to us, having a collection member
has changed from something to null is significant. If setting mycollection!date
to null removes it from a collection  we miss out one one database field being
updated.

As you know we don't use your data objects.

Regards

Richard.