[Gambas-user] Images and Pictures

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Sat Jan 1 09:09:41 CET 2011

Actually i had read the docs, i translated also... (but may be i have a
bug in understand them, i dont know...)

anyway...
so i cant do something like that
> hImage.Load(Application.Path & "/nature.png")

but i could not find a way to
> hImage = Image.Load(Application.Path &/ "nature.png")

Today i learn something about the usage of static methods

Thanks!

On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 14:43 +0100, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > Good morning to all,
> >
> > i make an example for the Image class.
> > i want to demostrate the methods of Image class.
> > the example will Clear  Copy  Draw  Fill  Flip  Mirror  Replace  Resize
> > Rotate  Save  Stretch a picture in an Image class and put the result in
> > a PictureBox.
> >
> > Firstly i want the picture from an Image object to put it in a
> > Picturebox without modify image.
> > i use the following code:
> >
> > ------------------------------
> > PRIVATE hImage AS Image
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
> >
> > ME.Center
> > hImage = NEW Image(500, 375, FALSE)
> > hImage.Load(Application.Path & "/nature.png")
> > PictureBox1.Picture = hImage.Picture
> >
> > END
> >
> > but the PictureBox1 at runtime is empty.
> > Why? what am i doing wrong?
>
> I guess you didn't read the documentation of the Image class :-).
>
> Image.Load() is a static method. So:
>
> hImage = Image.Load(Application.Path &/ "nature.png")
>
> And you didn't specify which version of gambas you use. Please do make an
> example for Gambas 3!
>
> Regards,

Demosthenes Koptsis.