[Gambas-user] CDE. An interesting packaging tool

Nicolas Koch nkoch22 at ...626...
Sat Feb 26 08:03:59 CET 2011

So I imagine this has been forgotten and dropped by the wayside, but I have
found cde to be very useful in making my app work in opensolaris,
OpenIndiana, PC-BSD and some linux builds, mainly suse and ubuntu.

@Benoît
I think cde may be the best viable solution at packaging libraries for
specified OS's(that is unless you have found a better solution I HOPE!),
however compiling libs for each OS is a little different than just using CDE
wherever Gambas IDE builds package from. I used virtual box and cde on each
distro to create the libs and then packaged it up afterward.  So far I have
had good success with this method.

One good thing is that cde is not too difficult to modify.

Nick

2010/12/22 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> > IS there any movement on the Gambas3 packaging suite to compile and/or
> > include the runtime and libs for the various distributions?  I also
> looked
> > at the CDE route and exceptions can be made to keep files to a minimum
> and
> > just run your app with cde gbr3 project.gambas
> >
> > I got minimal results though because while CDE works, it's kind of a pain
> > when I want to interact with system files and such outside the cde-root.
> >
> > Benoit... any idea on how life will be in Gambas 3 for packaging
> > runtime/libs?  I know I am not the only one begging for this :D
> >
> > Thanks for your time.
> >
> > Nick
> >

> Sorry, at the moment my priority is the release candidate of Gambas 3.
>
> But I will look at adapting that tool for our needs.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

-Nick